5.17.2011

LATE POST: Friday Music - Lecrae

*This is from Friday, but blogger 'lost' my posts until now!*
I used to hate rap. There was no point to it. Then, I found Lecrae - a Christian rapper who occasionally outsells secular artists.

Lecrae's newest album, Rehab, is one of his best. Like his previous one, Rebel, Lecrae uses every lyric to pack in theological truths and ideas.

Some good tracks are "Killa" - about the destruction from lust; "Just Like You" - a look into identity; and the Star-Wars-quoting-fun "40 Deep".

Lecrae delivers another great album and continues to swim against rap's dark culture, creatig songs that edify and point people to Christ





Lyrics from "Just Like You"
I was created by God but I ain't wanna be like Him, I wanna be Him. The Jack Sparrow of my Carribean...
Then in steps Jesus. All men were created to lead, but we needed somebody to lead us. More than a teacher, but somebody to buy us back from the darkness, you can say He redeemed us.
Taught us that real leaders follow God, finish the work cause we on our job...

No comments: